Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Leap Day Wedding Cake...

Well, my friend was asked to do a wedding cake for another friend of ours and he asked me to help him. Her wedding was on Leap Day in the evening (which was Friday). Well, it just so happened that he had outpatient surgery on Thursday, so that made it interesting to try to do a four tear wedding cake with Fondont icing on it. Here is a picture of Auri taking her nap while we were working on it (Jackson didn't nap, he said he wasn't good at naps). And then after that are pictures of the cake. I actually took all these photos with my new phone and thought I'd try to download them on the computer, they turned out pretty good.

As you can see, there are only three tears. Well, there were four, but the second one from the top kind of collapsed while we were trying to deliver it, so we put it in the refrigerater for the bride and groom to take home with them. Anyway, this was my first experience with fondont and it was awesome. It just solidifies the thoughts in my head that I would really like to do wedding cakes all the time. I love doing fancy stuff, so I'm gonna look into cake shops in Columbus to see if any of them are hiring and if so, if they want a part time decorator.


Have a fabulous day!!
-Kristen

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

WOW! I am in absolute amazement at how beautiful that cake is! You do such an amazing job! My sister-in-law and I have talked about taking a cake decorating class together. I would love to know how to do things for the simple fact that I have kids. I would love to do their cakes every year for the birthday. Maybe some day we'll get around to it. You really do amazing work! GREAT JOB!

Miss Heather said...

This is the cake shop I was telling you about...

http://www.shortnorthpieceofcake.com/

You should apply there.

Clive Nutton said...

That's a fantastic cake. Quite a talent you have there.

My photos are going up on my flickr pages these days

www.flickr.com/photos/clivenutton

All the best