Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Date Night...

I hadn't been on a date in a very long time....
And I'd never had the chance to go on a date with one of my nephews...
So I jumped at the chance when my sister asked me if I could take Isaac to a movie....
So... Last night, I picked up Isaac around 7:15 and we drove down to OSU campus South Gateway to catch a movie...
You see, Isaac wants to be a tap dancer, and there was a documentary type movie called, "GottaMove, Women of Tap" showing. So we took the opportunity to enjoy some amazing talent and listen to the music that these ladies made with their feet! (the oldest tapper in the movie was 88, and still goin strong) I think he wants to tap dance even more now after seeing this. And it was great because the FilmMaker was there and even talked a little before and after the film.
Then after the enjoyable movie, we walked across the sidewalk to ColdStone and got some much needed IceCream. We had such a good time, and talked about tap dancing the whole time we ate IceCream.
I thought I'd share a few pictures that I took while we were eating....
That's right, the ever so handsome Isaac got chocolate, and chocolate and more chocolate. And yes, he finished all of the ice cream, and part of the waffle cone. But he got full eventually and had to stop...

Here we are, my first, only and favorite date of 2010!
PS... Thank You Karin for asking me to take him.. We had such a wonderful time and I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my Monday evening!
-Kristen

1 comment:

Melissa Blair said...

That is so sweet. What a great idea! You should make date night with the nephew a regular thing.