Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Check out our new pet!!!

Tuesday morning when Aaron and I got up, he opened the door to go outside as usual and before he got the door open he called me over to see something. Well what we found was this beautiful spider, which is pretty unual for me to say since I hate spiders. And am more scared of them than anything else on earth. Anyway, he is beautiful, and I only say he because a lot of the species in our world (not humans mind you) the male is prettier. So here are a couple pictures of our little friend. We have named him "Red" because of his colour, of course. But check him out. Actually, there was a great deal of wind and rain overnight. Jackson got up this morning and the first thing he wanted was to go see his spider, so we went to look and he was gone. His web was gone and he was nowhere in sight. And I was sure he was gone. However, when I told Aaron he said, "well, maybe since we didn't bother him, he will come back." I'm usually the more positive person in the house, but today I was saddened by his disappearance and Aaron had to be positive. He was right, when we got home from church tonight I checked and sure enough there was Red. He doesn't have a new web yet, but he is still here. I showed Jackson and he was very happy, and then I called Aaron to let him know. Just to give you an idea of size his is about the size of a nickel when his legs are pulled up against him. When his legs are out, his body is smaller than a time and his legs stretch out beyond a nickel. He sure is pretty!!!

No comments: