Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter With Mimi and Papa!

After being at the church for 5 hours so that mommy could sing with the choir, we went home, made some food, and headed over to Mimi and Papa's house for an Easter dinner, and an Easter Egg hunt (which ended up being after naps instead of before due to a very tired 5 year old melting down)!


Daddy and the kids! He had to at least try to get his hair to look like Jackson's! Cute!

In an attempt to make them laugh instead of their fake smiles, I crossed my eyes, and well, instead of laughing, they tried to mimic me, and this is what we got! I had to post it, it's too funny not to!!!He's a cool dude, she just loves her cool dude! They're adorable!Not sure what they were laughing about, maybe I crossed my eyes again and it worked. Who knows! But it's cute anyway!!Posing (or not) by Mimi's new tree!Jackson cried himself to sleep after his meltdown that ended in him being put in Papa's bed. So, Mimi rocked Auri to sleep. And then Mimi fell asleep too!!While Jackson was still napping, and daddy was hiding eggs, Auri and Papa decided to play Wii Bowling! She's pretty good at it!Daddy just lined her up to get a spare and she went at it!

Once Jackson woke up, he came and snuggled in Mimi's chair with me. It just so happened that I had my camera with me because I was taking the pictures that you just looked at. So I turned it around and took a couple pictures of Jackson and myself together! It was fun. Then he took a picture of Mimi!


Then it was time for the egg hunt. Time for instructions. And the buckets...
And then off they went!
In their Easter baskets they both got a gender specific toy (although Auri loves Jackson's) and a thing of bubbles. So of course, forget the candy, let's blow bubbles! So we went outside!Chasing bubbles!
(this is one of my favorite pictures of the day!)

2 comments:

HennHouse said...

What a fun-filled day!!

Swedish Mama said...

Great pictures of a great day.