Monday, September 13, 2010

The "Tent"...

A couple weeks ago, the kids and I decided that we were going to take blankets and make a tent using the dinner table. Well, after wrapping fleece all the way around the table, I remembered that Auri had been given a "tent" for her birthday when she turned 3. So I went out to the garage and found said tent.... And the three of us using a great deal of teamwork, assembled the tent and played for a good amount of time. It was Super fun.
Then we played outside.
I had told Auri that if she was good, she could take her nap in the tent.
However, when nap time came, she "wasn't tired". So she layed in the tent for over an hour while Jackson and I hung out outside making water balloons for our water balloon that would follow Auri's nap.
Needless to say, since she never fell asleep, she came outside, and we had our waterballoon fight then. She cried and fussed because she got wet (which is not a problem any other day, but the "not tired" child was clearly tired).
So, the three of us headed inside, changed out clothes and I made her lay back down. Jackson went in and layed on my bed reading his book for school, and I told her she had ten minutes to fall asleep, and if she didn't she was going to go to her bed for her nap. We wrapped a bandana around her eyes, because the livingroom was pretty bright for a nap, and she layed down.
Sure enough, when I checked on her ten minutes later, this is what I found.....

That's right, she had fallen asleep. And she stayed there for about an hour and a half. I hated to wake her up, but if I hadn't she would have never gone to bed that night. She looked so cute there laying in her tent.

We have since put the tent back in it's box for the next time we have a whole day to have a tent party! We had fun! And will again very soon!!


Hug your babies....

They grow up WAY too fast!

Have a Blessed Day!!!

2 comments:

Tony Destroni said...

hi good day thanks for sharing this post . its nice and so
many to learned. nice set up too . big tent for big space
like this . i think i can have this one a little bit smaller
for my garden together with my garden wind spinners
and other accessories . very nice .the kids gonna love it !!

Swedish Mama said...

The toes peeking out is just too cute. Fun times.